Friday, June 25, 2010

I got a job (or 2)



Yesterday I got the news through that I will be working the summer at Maligne Lake Boat House the red roofed hut in the pics, where I will be renting out Kayaks and Canoes to tourists to go out and paddle around the lake. After 3 days of job hunting there were a few offers that came in but this was the job I was hoping for before we even got here. I got the news about an hour after I accepted a job a Jasper Liquor and Wine Store so I am working the night shift until Tuesday next week and then start at the lake on Wednesday. I will do the odd shift at the Booze store (to keep my staff discount) when they get stuck but I think the lake will be a pretty cool place to spend the summer. We move into our house on the 1st July which is about a 5 minute walk from the town of Jasper. Which has everything we need except a bed. Although we have only been in Jasper for 8 days we are feeling very comfortable and settled to spend the next 3 months here. To live in a small town (5000 people) in the middle of a National park is something we are both really enjoying, the locals are all really friendly and tried to help us in finding work and somewhere to live. It is really good hanging out with Pierre and looking forward to meeting more of the locals. More bear sightings yesterday but still yet to see a Moose or a Grizzly.
If anyone wants to come and spend some time in Jasper while we are here, just let us know and there is always room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.